Thursday 6 October 2011

Day 279 - The Queen Mary

Day 279 - The Queen Mary by magirob
Day 279 - The Queen Mary, a photo by magirob on Flickr.

2/10/11 - 'One Friend, One Object', I choose one friend and assign one object to them, the object may not mean anything to anyone else, but to me and hopefully the friend it will mean a lot.

This tie clip was given to me by Kenneth Vard, Ken is what I can only describe as a true gentleman, he has had such an amazing life, born near the Harland and Wolff ship yard in Belfast on the anniversary of the day the Titanic sank, He spent some time living and working in Hollywood mixing with the rich and famous and now he is one of the UKs most knowledgeable Cruise Ship historians. The Queen Mary has to be my favourite ship of all time, for Ken I think he would choose the Normandie.

No comments:

Post a Comment